Project and role: Research Associate at Fairwork India.
PIs: Balaji Parthasarathy and Janaki Srinivasan
Education and work experience:
- Legislative Assistant to a Member of Parliament and a member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information and Technology.
- Worked at the Centre for Internet and Society as a researcher on online hate speech a project supported by the Association for Progressive Communications and the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights.
- Consultant for joint programs organised by the Netri Foundation and The Dialogue, a Delhi-based tech policy think tank.
- Masters degree in Political Science from Delhi University
Publications and awards:
- Damni Kain, Shivangi Narayan, Torsha Sarkar, Gurshabad Grover. “Online Caste-Hate Speech: Pervasive Discrimination and Humiliation on Social Media “December 2021
- Damni Kain. “How the Absence of Caste in Curriculum Aids the Presence of Caste in Pedagogy”, SAGE India, February 2022. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1177/2455328X211066185
- Research grants from Women’s Fund Asia and the Indian Association for Women’s Studies where she studied women’s labour movement and the working conditions of Aanganwadi workers through fieldwork in Haryana.
- Contributed to The Wire, The Firspost and Down To Earth amongst others.